The most common question asked by many users is “How do I export data from Gmail to Outlook?” If you’re looking for a solution for the same, then, you are at the right place. Here we will share reliable techniques to export Gmail emails to PST.
Gmail is a widely used email client as it is easily accessible from any device and provides enormous storage space. The data saved in the Gmail account is also prone to corruption or you may accidentally delete your data from Gmail. Therefore, many users want to export Gmail to PST file format to backup their Gmail data. A PST file is easily portable and provides various benefits. Let’s look at some benefits of exporting section.
What are the Reasons to Export Gmail Emails to PST
Creating a backup of Gmail emails in PST file format provides many advantages to users. Here are some of the advantages of backup Gmail to PST on Mac.
- Transferring the data in a PST file format is easier.
- By exporting the Gmail emails to PST, users can access the mailbox data offline.
- You can prevent the data from accidental data loss by exporting it to PST file format.
- We can secure the PST files to protect the data from unauthorized access.
These are some of the benefits of transferring your Gmail emails into a PST file format. Now, let’s look at the techniques to export Google mail to PST on Mac.
How to Export a Gmail folder to a PST File?
There are two different approaches that a user can take to export Gmail emails to PST. A manual approach and automated approach with Gmail Backup Tool, which is quick and more secure. We will talk about both techniques in detail.
A Manual Approach to Export Google Mail to PST
The manual method for transferring Gmail emails is to be performed in two steps. Follow both procedures carefully.
Step 1: Enabling the IMAP setting in your Google Account
- Open your Gmail account and Log in using the credentials.
- Go to the Settings option in the top-right corner.
- Under settings, go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Now, Enable IMAP from the IMAP Access section.
- Lastly, hit the Save Changes button.
Step 2: Add Gmail to Mac Outlook and backup the data
- Launch the Mac Outlook on your device.
- Navigate to the Tool tab and Select the Accounts option.
- Now, click on the Add(+) button and select the Other Emails option.
- Enter your Login credentials in the respective fields.
- Choose the Account type as IMAP and then enter the details of the Incoming and Outgoing servers as imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com respectively.
- Now, check the SSL to Connect option for incoming and outgoing servers.
- Lastly, click on Add account to add Gmail in Outlook.
Using the above-mentioned method, users can export Gmail emails to PST efficiently. Users need to have the good technical knowledge to perform this method. There are numerous drawbacks to this method as well. Let’s learn about these drawbacks in the next section.
Downsides of the Manual Method
The manual method is not the optimum solution because of the below-mentioned limitations.
- Users can not export Gmail to PST file format in bulk.
- Missing a single step can force you to repeat the steps again.
- Exporting large or multiple Gmail emails can be a lengthy and time-consuming process.
- It can compromise the data’s originality.
- Saving a single email at a time can result in the repetition of the data.
Here we can use a professional Mac Gmail Backup Tool to overcome these drawbacks. This is the preferred automated solution suggested by many experts.
Professional Approach to Export Gmail Emails to PST
MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool for Mac is a risk-free automated solution to export Gmail mailboxes into PST in bulk. This multifunctional software has various advanced benefits that help to backup and migrate Gmail accounts more easily and quickly. It helps to remove duplicate emails from the migration process and maintains the original folder hierarchy in the entire conversion process. Users can export Gmail emails to PST, PDF, MBOX, and other file formats and email clients efficiently.
Steps to Backup Gmail to PST
- Run the MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool on your Mac device.
- Enter the Gmail Credentials and click on the Sign in button.
- Check the required folders that you need to backup.
- Select the PST file as the resultant file format from the Save As feature.
- Finally, hit the Convert button to start the conversion process.
Some Advantages of Mac Gmail Backup Tool
- Using the automated method users can export Gmail mailbox to PST in bulk.
- The data originality is maintained throughout the migration process.
- Users can save the attachments separately.
- It eliminates any duplicate emails from the process.
- The professional method helps to transfer Gmail emails to multiple file formats and email clients.
Gmail is a popular email client, and it is highly prone to vulnerabilities like malware attacks or security breaches. In this blog, we have shared the benefits that a user gets when they export Gmail emails to PST file format. We have also shared the approaches that can help to transfer Gmail emails to Outlook PST format. The manual approach has some limitations, so the professional approach is the best choice. This approach also provides users with safe and quick results.